The war years took their toll, the line being requisitioned by the War Department -  they even created the only miniature armoured train in the world - and was used extensively during the building of PLUTO (Pipe Line Under The Ocean) which fuelled the Allied invasion force.
The railway now covers a distance of 13.5 miles from Hythe to Dungeness.
In 1928, in addition to the Romney Sands station, there was a Greatstone Dunes station which was located near to Dunes Road in Greatstone but this closed in 1964. (see Railway Stations at  Greatstone for more information).
Romney Sands Station
The station is just inside the main entrance to the Romney Sands holiday park, which is located in The Parade, Greatstone. (see Greatstone Map).
It is just a few minutes walk to Greatstone's village centre, its sandy beach and the sea.
Please click here for the train times at Romney Sands Station, together with full details of train times at all stations.
For more information please visit the RH& D Railway website.